Wednesday 23 January 2008

Thank You, Hakeem

An inspiring and thank you letter from a sister who lives in Canada but currently visited Hungary

Hello Hakeem!

I am a singer/songwriter currently visiting Budapest and came across your blog while trying to find information on other Africans in Hungary. Your writing and other articles on the website helped me to gain some insight into the lives and activities of fellow Africans here in Hungary. Thank you for having the courage to share your thoughts and opinions.

I am originally from Ghana and currently reside in Montreal, Canada. Last September, I was invited to sing at the Csatorna Media Festival but did not have the chance to contact you before returning to Canada. This time, I have been invited to perform at the Journalist's Ball, the Foreign Ministry Ball and some other shows.

I will be attending the Afro Valentine celebration tomorrow - 14th feb (saw it on your website!) and had the pleasure of meeting Daniel Israel from Afromopicx today. I am not certain if you will be attending the event tomorrow but I hope to connect with you while I am here.
In the meantime, you can take a listen to some of my music at www.myspace.com/eileenquashie

Take care and have a beautiful day! Keep sharing your light...
Eileen

No comments: